The Fifteen Benefits of Squats for Women
For women who want a perfect butt and nice toned legs, the benefits of daily squats are endless. While initially the technique of squatting is intimidating, once you have mastered the art form, you should begin to see a noticeable change in your body in no time.
Using a proper squat regiment, your muscles will become more toned and fabulous looking – meaning now’s the best time to get started to be ready to spend your summer at Barton Springs.
There are many different types of squats, that are more effective for various parts of the body. There are also some that are more challenging than others. The different types of squats include: air squats, kettleball squats, dumbbell squats and the dreaded one legged pistol squats.
This means that no matter what your style or preference, there is a perfect squat for you!
In case you need more convincing…
Here Are The Top 15 Reasons Women Should Squat
1) Can Help Your Circulation – Stretching your body through daily squatting gets the blood pumping in your body, while improving circulation. This leads to the overall health of your body. Squatting helps to increase the nutrients and oxygen getting to the vital muscles and organs in your body. This can lead to extra energy during the day and yes ladies, even saying goodbye to cellulite.
2) Can Improve Your Digestive System – The muscular motion of the squat exercise helps to push fluids through your body, while helping you to easily eliminate wastes and toxins. This process can help to improve your digestive system and other systems in your body.
3) Tones your body – Although you are focused on building and toning your leg muscles, the squatting exercise also helps to promote and build muscles in other parts of your body. The exercise creates the anabolic environment that releases hormones in the body. These hormones are vital in building up organ and tissue growth throughout the entire body.
4) They’re Low Impact – Squats are a low impact aerobic exercise that does not place pressure on your back, knees or joints. This is great to know for those who suffer with back and knee problems. Getting your body and muscles stronger could not be easier than doing your daily squats.
5) They’re convenient! – The squatting exercise can be done anywhere and does not require expensive gym equipment. You can do squats in the comfort of your own home, in your office or at the gym, if that is your preference.
6) Improves Balance and Posture – Squats help with strengthening your back muscles, which allows you to correct posture and imbalances in the body. This protects the muscle tissue, if you are sedentary in your work or if you are lifting heavy objects for long periods of time. Doing squats helps to release the pressure on your back, while leaving you walking like a beauty queen.
7) Helps You to Lose Weight – We all could lose a pound or two in our bodies. So, it is good news to know that the squatting motion leads to burning calories in the entire body. In addition to muscle toning and tissue growth, the squat can help you lose weight. And that’s great news for every woman, who is wanting to lose those extra pounds.
8) Improves Bones, Joints and Muscles – Increases Oxygen and Blood Flow Around the Joints – The squatting motion helps to strengthen your bones, joints and muscles. Squats, when done properly, help create an environment where oxygen and blood flow naturally around the joints. This gives you more energy, while allowing you to feel better throughout your day.
9) Tones The Entire Body – The myth about the squatting motion is that it is designed to tone specific muscles in your leg. Many exercises that are done at home or in the gym, will target a specific area in the body. However, squats are one of the most beneficial exercises, because the squatting motion helps to tone not just your entire leg, but your entire body.
10) Gets Your Booty Firm – If you are looking for the best exercise for toning your booty, then look no further than the squat. Everybody can benefit from a great butt, and with the squatting exercise you can have one. Squats help to tone the muscle in your butt, without placing added pressure on your back. So get your rear end in shape for the summer ladies, by doing your daily squats.
11) Better Leg Muscles – One of the most beneficial things about squatting, is that it helps to tone your leg muscles. Helping to tone the quadriceps and hamstrings are definitely 2 benefits of doing daily squats. You’ll be surprised at how many people notice your legs looking better than ever.
12) Strengthen Your Core and Abdominal Muscles – Many experts agree that having a strong core, is one of the most essential things that you can do for your body. Performing daily squats will help to strengthen your abdominal muscles, thus helping to strengthen your core. There are countless health benefits that will come from this, including easier bending, and improved posture.
13) Burn More Fat – Squats help to increase your metabolism, which leads to your body burning more fat. As a whole, exercise in general does this, but because of the intensity that the squat places on the body, fat can be burned from your entire body and not just a specific area.
14) Eases Day to Day Activities That Use the Squatting Motion – Everyone says that practice makes perfect. Well, doing your daily squats are no exception. There are daily activities that you will do, that resemble the squatting motion. Having to pick up boxes or your children with regularity, can all be made easier by doing your daily squatting exercises. By practicing perfect daily form during exercise, you will know what to do when a situation arises when you will have to perfect the squatting motion, which leads to the last point…
15) Helps to Prevent Injuries – Athletes often use squats as a part of their daily training regimen. This is because it helps to keep them from getting injured. The professional athlete is under constant pressure, from the possibility of getting injured. Squats help to build bones, muscles, joints, the abdomen and core muscles, while lending way to improved overall health. The benefits extend beyond athletes, and will help keep you safe doing tasks around the house, like moving or lifting things.
Those are my favorite fifteen benefits of doing daily squats!
Do you have any favorites, or anything I missed? Leave a comment below and I’ll add them to the list.
If you want to take your squat routine to the next level with the help of an in home personal trainer, then contact me to get a free consultation.